PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Newbies and the accessibility of Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Tvayda
Private

Re: Newbies and the accessibility of Planetside 2

One thing I haven't seen yet in this threat was the intro of basic information that was presented during the actual installation of the game, like in PS1. After throwing in the discs and choosing where to dump all those messy files, a full screen image popped up with a paragraph or two of text and a picture or 3 to go along with it that explained the empires, the basic background of the game, and some general rules/how-tos (eg: terminal use). I'm not saying that should be the be-all end-all of PS2 tutorials but it could go a long way if done right to helping a newb get into the game in a meaningful manner that is fun for them and helpful to their empire, the NC. TR and VS newbs will be out of luck because they picked the wrong empire. JK JK, in all seriousness that and just getting thrown into battle in PS1 was how I became acquainted with the mechanics. And then I went back to the sanctuary and explored EVERYTHING that I wasn't already comfortable with. By that time I was already hooked to the gameplay and would be coming back for more (and more and more.....9 years later) that I felt fine stepping away from the action for a bit to go try the VR room and all the different weapons and vehicles.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.