PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "The Vanu are techno-religious nut jobs."
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-02, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Re: "The Vanu are techno-religious nut jobs."

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
I also found this on planetsidesyndicate.com

"Tear down the Threat that is Tyranny! Burn it all down and Start Again! We call all able-bodied soldiers to The Frontlines to take up arms against those who would deprive us of our basic freedoms. Do not forgive! Do not forget the History of Oppression that we have endured at the hands of the Terran brutes and the Vanu maniacs! Volunteer Now!"

"Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity! Order requires law. Law is enforced through deterrence. Deterrence is based on the fear of consequences, and fear is the most powerful motivating force. The separatist groups, the Vanu Sovereignty and the New Conglomerate, will be dismantled through the exercise of forceful deterrence. Dissidents will fear the consequences of their disloyalty. Unity and order will be restored."

"The destiny of the human species tilts toward ruin. Thousands of years of shortsightedness and provincial thinking have hampered its proper evolution. We plunge toward oblivion. Those able to comprehend the promise and potential of humanity will advance. They will usher the less gifted through the gateway of understanding and cleanse the taint of blindness, ignorance and mulishness from the species. We are the shepherds of evolution, the harbingers of progress. We lead toward the light."

I feel I was spot on with this.

The NC seek freedom. To others they create anarchy.
The TR seek stability. To others they create stagnation.
The VS seek religion. To others they create zealotry.

The NC are easy here. It's pretty much based on American ideals.

The TR just want peace and law abiding citizens, which is a damn fine goal, however others see them as creating an environment where change and innovation is impossible.

The VS are the tricky ones. They want to make humanity better at what humanity does, but their problem is similar to what we are nearing in real life. Where does humanity start and end? Most people wouldn't call you a cyborg for having a hearing aid or pacemaker, but how much of your original body do you need before you become a robot? The VS also seem to think that there is some sort of special plane of existence upon achieving said goal.

These are all real life issues, and they were chosen because they clash so well against each other. They are all right and wrong at the same time. The point is not to offer validity to their beliefs, but to understand what they are and how you yourself fit in within these three dominant philosophies.
WOW.
that is dead on....good job sir... but the question is..."What set you claimin' fool?"