PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcoming JH Changes?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-16, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spee
On the catwalk of a bridge, I suddenly hear a jackhammer ghoing off, and myself taking damage. I turn in the direction, and a rexo is charging me. I fire off 2 shots of plasma, one direct, one way off, but still getting him, and, I got owned at 40m. Full health, Full armor.
So you are suggesting the JH is a good long range weapon? I've personally never effectively used it against any target past very short range.

As for your example I dunno... I know the weapon is next to useless at the ranges you are describing... maybe as he started firing you got sniped? I guess we could do some JFK style theorizing here But I suspect another shooter or lag... he might have been right on you but it seemed like half a mile away...

Believe me I tried to get the JH to work at a better range but it just is useless. If you are on a base wall shooting down at attackers you are wasting your time... better off with a suppressor or any MA weapon... going to the caverns also taught me this lesson... my cavern load out is Rexo/JH/Gauss... so I can shoot back at guys trying to MA "snipe" me from elevated firing positions...