PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Competitive TR outfits?
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-13, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: Competitive TR outfits?

I wouldn't ask general consensus on who is "Competitive" because everyone has a individual definition for what is competitive, you'll also get alot of bias and personal preference... The best way to see what Outfits are competitive is to look up scores on the Outfit leaderboards or see what outfit some of the higher scoring players are in.... Look on the Leaderboards at all the stats then determine for yourself who is competitive.

Now with that said, to answer your question on what TR outfits are competitive on Connery?

Personally; I gage a outfits effectiveness on it's size. Large, Medium, and Small. There's all sorts of variables depending on Strategy, Tactics, Outfits it's ability to work well with other outfits, General media publicity "Who's famous for X reason or another, I wan't to roll with this Outfit as a fanboy because I seen them on youtube!" (The most popular Outfit isn't always the best) but I usually find outfit size is a good start to figuring out who's "best" and competitive.... That and results via Leaderboard scores...

Large TR outfits that throw around there weight in sheer numbers over individual skill... Not to say they don't have there elite players... But these Outfits are well known for there ability to throw bodies at a problem and win. As comrade Stalin would say "Quantity has quality all it's own"

[EXE] Execution and [XPIV] XPIV

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ry&members=768

Medium, healthy or average sized outfits that can field atleast a Platoon and reasonably fight well enough to frustrate opponents who should have every advantage. These are not outfits to be dismissed and I believe usually are the fastest responding outfits in terms of ability to redeploy to whatever fight the Empire needs them at.

[CIK] Bdogs Communication is Key and [TXR] Total Recoil

I'm also going to throw [TRG] The Republican Guard into this medium category... Officially they have on roster the numbers to be a large outfit but average activity rates them a average sized outfit IMO.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ry&members=192

Lastly the smaller outfits, These IMO are the real dangerous outfits because they have mostly elite players in a small tight-nit community. No elites hiding behind mass zergs in these Outfits...

[RDTL] Red Tails, [MERCS] Mercenaries, [OP4] The Opposition Force and [DL3G] The Dread Legion

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ery&members=24

You can always check out these Outfits on more informative stat tracking websites like Dasanfall Stats or even PS2 Players on the official Planetside2 website. Again "Competitive" I think is up to you the individual to determine but these IMO are the real super-powers behind the TR on Connery... According to leaderboards and competitively speaking.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-13 at 06:43 AM.