PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-28, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post
It clearly exarcerbates population differences quickly, hence the problems. If organised teams secured roofs/CY against hot drops, the rest of the defenders could concentrate on pushing back the enemy. In an ideal world
This actually highlights a LOT of the expectations people have for OTHER people doing certain jobs, like defending meaningless outposts pre-lattice. Like AA duty. AMP station/Techplant roof duty.

If you are doing the job right basically you get a few minutes of action and then nothing. Which is of course why these jobs are always suggested for others to do. Because they get boring as fuck very quickly, but then as soon as you ignore it to go play the game like everyone else gets to a handful of drop podders come in and next thing you know all of the defenders focused on the the attackers out THERE suddenly are hosed by the attackers behind them.

when this thread started I was tending to disagree with the premises of spawn beacons and squad deploy being bad. I like them, I use them, they are fun/useful. But the more I thought about it MY perspective was based on comparing the current mechanic to the drop pod deploy/instant action that allowed squads to just poof show up on the roof of an amp station without any kind of beacon or squad leader (plus the short time Maxes were allowed to hot drop as well).

I'm pretty much in agreement wtih the OP on this one now.