PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE solution for Darklight.
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-19, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Boomer
I always saw PS, but never used it. is it good for cloaking?
Completely worthless....It decloaks you the minute you turn it on....They may as well paint a target on you and neon light above saying "Shoot Here".

Originally Posted by Mandalore
3) My final suggestion actually has nothing to do with DL, but is an idea to give the cloaker a valid role again. Right now, ANYONE can do what a cloaker can do, aside from actually cloaking. When I think of cloakers, I think they would be the ones to do the best job laying traps or hacking consoles. Perhaps give cloakers the benefit of silent hacking, and take away the red laser that the REK gives off when you're in an infil suit. Perhaps also allow the infil suit to report enemy positions on friendly radars. By this, I mean that when a cloaker is behind enemy lines, he can use his suit to make enemy soldiers and vehicles show up on all friendly radars within a certain radius. Maybe 100m or so. A cloaker would kind of be like a mobile interlink now. Of course, it would take between 20-30 seconds to complete the uplink, and you would have to be still. Also, the infiltration suit would now be bumped up to 3, or even 4 cert points because of this benefit.
Very good ideas and a valid point about our roles not being very unique. We need more emphasis and some way to elimintate the flicker. Were special Ops and we need special ops certs and equipment. A diving suit just does not cut cake far enough.

A mandatory use on time used and a cool off period would eliminate some...but not all. A limited range would limit the flicker as well. Bottom line, your never going to eliminate people who just love to flicker, but you can make it a little harder while still keeping the emphasis of using it when you suspect cloakers.

Those that complain were on the battlefield to get cheap kills...don't play cloakers. Yes, I can get some really cheap kills off of snipers, AV guys and Medics, but for the amount of time it takes to get these kills, I would just assume to gun a tank or lib and get far many more kills. Or if I want face to face....Special Assault. If your an Inf for the kills...your in the wrong business. Its tough playing a cloaker, I was gaurding a CC when the NC blasted thier way in and took out all the TR. It just so happened that I was obstructed from view by one of their own troops. I was in the precarious position of being between two grunts gaurding the grunt hacking. Kill anyone of them...im dead. Try to escape...I'm dead. So I droped a boomer right were I stood and did the suicide bomber thing. Took all three of them plus a one way trip to a tower. I suppose I could have just stayed put until they left...but I didn't give it a thought because I was sure someone would run through and flicker.