PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-27, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Re: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek

Originally Posted by Femtobyte View Post
All of this talk of balancing, and making one class have more responsibilities... Frankly when we know this little about the game, it seems a little ridiculous.
Lets play the game, then we can debate about balancing whatever we think needs added/subtracted from the game.
Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
This is exactly what I'm thinking. As I said above, we don't even know what all "hacking" entails. We know control points and maybe some doors, but besides that we don't know what kind of targets hacking will affect, we don't know what all hacking can do, we don't even know who is getting what certs regarding hacking. All we know is that infiltrators will be able to cert more into hacking than everyone else will.

At this stage, it's hardly worth any kind of argument over.
Well then, just pack up this section completely. Ok Hamma, you heard 'em. We can't talk about the game until it's in beta.

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
What i mean is that other than holding a key to capture a node, the only thing that would be adding is more running and shooting, but to get to a place instead of to just draw attention. I don't feel that's a whole new level, it's just a little more direction. 
That's true, but it is an addition and it's not mandatory. It gives LA a different way to play that class. That's also why i snuck the idea of linking squad leader to the LA as well. Like engineers and medics, hackers and squad leaders are support roles and therefore should be squishier. The LA is a great template for those roles.

Listen guys, I have no hard feelings about people poking holes in my ideas, it helps me refine them. But by the same token, I don't post ideas that's don't believe in or won't defend, so if you're going to poo-poo it, then expect a response.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Aren't you the one that is saying LA doesn't have enough to do and Infils have too much to do?

LA is the perfect scout. Mobility is key for scouting.
Not at all. Infiltrators ARE Sniper/Scouts. Sabotuer dove-tails into that role perfectly.

Last edited by The Degenatron; 2012-06-27 at 07:31 PM.