PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Were have all the galaxies gone?
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-22, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Were have all the galaxies gone?

I reammber not long ago Galaxies were all over the place, Every squad had to have its gal driver to get around but now do to the super fast hart there are none, or as close to none you can get. But i have a proposal to put that gal back in the skies.

First bump up the Hart timer, alot, to 12 - 15 min OR make it so you can only hart to certain areas, like warp gate bubbles so it is less usefull.

ANd give small amounts of BEP for flying people around, based on how far it is before they get off.

Then lump 3 vehicles into the "Aireal Support" Cert (4 cp) those being the:

Gal 2.0: A Galaxy with bigger guns. basicaly the side guns are upgraded to the lib pilot gun size and have a lagrer area to fire in (AKA can shoot strait down), the rear gun gets a dual CG instead of the single CG. or better yet make it liek the beta gal with the 75mm cannons

The Lodestar, presuming it carries vechs

And the Dragon Fly: a new transport/light suport vtol type thingy. This is meant to carry 7 people in a gunship or transport role. The Pilot has a 12 mm CG on a small swivel, like the old lighitng and magrider driver gun, Then there are 2 side gunners each with a Rocket launcher similar to an enforcer but less powerfull. then a tails gunner with a lib ball turret. then 3 people can be passangers. Fast(ala 70 -80 kph) with After burners but with a lighing sized amount or armor availible at tech linked facilities.

The idea is to give backup for the gal when a DSC is not avalible and make it so a gal is goood to get if a
DSC is around
and make it so the gal is esencial when assulting a cont, i remember the fun gall drops over occupied bases to take them back that was my favorite part of the game

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.