PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "No Battle Frame Robotics" - :Sadface:
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: "No Battle Frame Robotics" - :Sadface:

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I know you're new to PS and all, but BFRs ruined Planetside. That's why they aren't in PS2.
I know you are new to reading and comprehension but he isnt talkin about bringing back the BFR's that ruined PS. I swear everytime one of these threads comes up, its full of people who either cant read or comprehend.

They could easily come back and be balanced well, if done right. Now you would have to scrap most everythign from the old bfr's such as shields and the one man army aspects etc.

But as far as just makin a mech for a midsize tank, easy and simple. If you just basically make a tank in the shape of the mech, generally keepin all other aspects of a standard tank then its fine. Its nothin like the old bfrs.

And just like regular tanks, make the pilot only able to drive,not shoot. You keep all aspects of normal vehicles, just change the shape. Having special flight/jump or whatever aspects would of course mean you would have to lower its armor or give it weaker weapons than it would have otherwise. Its all part of the balancing act.

I do think they would need to be the medium tank and not the heavy, its not a game of mechs so you really dont want em to be a huge presence.

Last edited by BorisBlade; 2011-08-20 at 01:17 PM.