PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Healing beams" for the Medic/Engi
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: "Healing beams" for the Medic/Engi

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Please, Malorn, I beg you watch the video I posted earlier in the thread. It shows perfectly what a medic with a healbeam, good dodging skills and a team of good shooters can accomplish.

I beg you, mate, 'cause I like the way you see the game, most of your posts and ideas are rock solid, but supporting this idea is a BAD thing! You, Coreldan and Sirisian are the last people I want to see actually supporting HoTs or Healbeams in a game like PlanetSide 1|2.
It's fine as long as there is like a 1 second delay after taking damage before the medic can heal you.

What we don't need are medic buddies who constantly have a healing beam on 1 guy, but with PS2's faster TTK's, I think range combat is already fixed. These healing beams probably would screw with longer ranged combat if the gunplay were like in the first game, but I think PS2 already has it sorted.

I'm not saying these beams are inherently good mind you, but I can see how they could easily be balanced decently.

I just want no lock on for them, and a short delay after taking damage before they start healing. Being able to heal at longer than point blank range, and being able to heal someone while both of you are on the move are fine by me, and fit in with the slightly quicker pace of the game.

I'd prefer medics not be as gimped as they were in the first game. This means better healing mechanics, and a revive function that doesn't infringe on a players spawn timer.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-06 at 01:22 PM.