PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - head shots!!!
Thread: head shots!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-09, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Ok, I'll try and keep this short and sweet. You may not be the greatest aim with a sniper rifle, but I know many people that can put a bullet into your head from 100 feet a way, and that's on a bad day. If you make a weapon that has long range, high accuracy, and does devastating damage, the game is ruined. Unless you have lost the use of your arms or you're blind, there is absolutely no reason for you to use any other weapon unless you're going into a base (and even then, if you learn to blind-fire the rifle, you're good to go indoors too). *EDIT* Apart from anti-vehicular weapons, of course.

You may believe that a weapon which can nail someone from a distance so great that the target is only a pixilated humanoid figure, even with just a body shot, but that doesn't make the game fun for anyone except the snipers. If you can't understand this, then there's not much I can do for you, but if you put your pro-sniper bias aside, you'll understand where I'm coming from I'm sure. However, I am sure the developers understand how potentially disasterous an extremely powerful sniper rifle will be in an outdoor setting. It was fine in Counter-strike, because the CS fans were all over it. They liked it coming down to the AWP fights, with which team had more AWPs and who could put the bullet between the other guy's eyes from 100 feet away. However, for someone who isn't a CS player (and CS is a rather elitist game), that won't do. Nobody is going to pay for a game where they pick their gear, spawn, run off with their friends, and then watch as themselves and their friends get gunned down by a couple snipers hiding in the bushes without even having a chance to put up a fight, and then get to wait a few minutes before they can go out and get killed by someone they didn't even see again.

Last edited by Warborn; 2002-12-09 at 02:52 PM.