PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE solution for Darklight.
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-18, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Spee
By facts you mean an opinion and a claim of his own prowess, followed by a battle story? Rock hard evidence.

Now, I didnt mean to offend, or imply that you were bad at cloaking. Im simply stating that I hadly ever get flickered, and to my experience, folks only flicker when they -think- theres an infiltrator about.

And most times, when I see some people bitching about "flickering" its cause they did some -really- dumb to arouse suspicion. AMP/Beamer/Magscat/Repeater round, boomer going off, standing in the middle of a hallway, etc.
I'm sorry, Spee, but stories about going an hour without anybody flickering DL are one of three things.

1. An outright lie/exaggeration.
2. A fluke going against a platoon of idiots/people who don't play like the other 99% of Planetside.
3. Somebody operating so far away from others that it doesn't apply to the majority of us who enjoy mixing it up.

Really, the stories get exhausting. I can do absolutely nothing for an extended period of time, not even move, and have somebody run up to me like they knew I was there and blast me in the face. It happens nightly. It has absolutely nothing to do with caution. And it happens every time I log on. That's why I have a hard time listening when people talk about not getting DL'd in an hour. That's absurd, period. To say that people only 'flicker' when they suspect an infil is about is absurd, and makes me think we aren't even playing the same game. It's a fact of gameplay, people run around and flicker the implant on a regular basis. They will do it far less often in a firefight, but will still do it. I'm good at cloaking. I know for a fact Boomer is too, I've fought in battles against him before. So either I have no idea what a good cloaker is, or you're the all time God of cloakers and should be writing a manual.