PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Rbstr take a look for meh
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-11, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I have that case and though its only 350 my system ran perfectly the only rewason a got the 500w is because it was on sale for $50 and it was a resonable quality.

that Mobo is imo the best money can buy. It acctualy can perform just as good if not better than the 875p chipset mobo's becasue they enabled PAT something that only 875's are suposed to have.

WOAH!!!! thats an AMD athlon and you got a P4 Mobo that wil not work at all, either do what frag recomended with the other mobo or get yourself a 2.4c ghz P4 fast and cheap.

Thats the HD i'm going to get soon (aka when i got teh monies) Almost eveyone agrees the Westerdigital Caviar drives are beaicaly the best 7,200 rpms out there and being on SATA means its a bit faster than the normal ones.

The video card is good, it acctualy beats the 9600XT inalot of things, and the new 60.72 drivers that got leaked Realy fix a TON of the 5xxx lines IQ/performance problems

Again thats the Soundcard i have, very nice, though if you don't need Supreme sound quality and want to save the money use the mobo's onboard sound it doens't suport any of the fancy things like EAX but its not bad

fine DVD-rom, yes you can get two CD drives, acctualy you can get 4 in there because you aren't using the Other IDE cablefor a hard drive.

That memory is a tad ecpensive and not realy what you need, frag has a good option try this stuff too its dual channel more expensive but if you can get it you double your memory bandwidth and get alot more memory http://www.buyxtremegear.com/geil8.html

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.