PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - El Jacko Hammero
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-11, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheN00b
KCR

Description: The MACE is a large rifle that is quite similiar to the Gauss in concept. It fires a small, tubular projectile that is magnetically accelerated to very high speeds. Rather than having any explosive force, the KCR's rounds rely solely on massive kinetic force to damage targets, hence the name. It is shaped much like the M-16 of today's military, and is the size of an ordinary rifle.

Specs:
RoF: 1 shot per .75 seconds (80 rounds per minute).
CoF: Moderately large while standing, very small when crouched.
Damage: 80
Ammunition Packs: These are the size of a normal packet, and carry 15 rounds, as does the gun itself when equipped from the EQ terminal.
Gun size: As mentioned above, the KCR takes up inventory space equal to all current HA weaponry.

Comments, questions, flames? Bring 'em on.
So you propose giving the NC a hardhitting weapon that needs 2 shots to kill someone in 0.75 (assuming no charge up time, the first shot is instant then the second comes .75 secunds after) seconds at a longer range. Hell if 2 guys hit the same guy hes dead in a second. No thanks, i'll take fighting the jackhammer over a faster fiering BoltDriver.

Why remove HA, nothing is keeping you from using MA inside. You can still be effective at the end of a hallway fiering your cycler up the corridor, or standing on the second floor inside the entrance of a dropship/interlink/etc base. I for one don't want a all MA and SA fight tho, i prefer having the option of using MA, HA or SA as i see fit.

I love the MCG, i love the ahnold feeling of it and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.