PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MAX Timers
Thread: MAX Timers
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-19, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Dyentious
I still believe the deci should have to be crouched for a full second though, and I agree that this would make it a LOT harder to kill a MAX indoors, but then again, it's probably about time they fixed the crap damage that armor piercing bullets do anyway. Not to make em too much more powerful, but just a tad. People also seem to forget that the punisher and thumper also do some nice damage to MAX's if you hit them directly.
To reply to the stuff you said before this quote, MAXs are reasonable in some situations, yes. It's the more common scenarios, not the few and far between ones, that should be used to assess the value of a MAX, however.

Now, in response to the above quote, yes, that kind of a change for Decimators might be good. Really though, they should be given some other kind of role, and AP bullets be enhanced. AV weapons plus better AP bullets with no Decimators would be a reasonable change, I think. Were the Decimator to be kept as a dumb-fire anti-armor warhead, but have that kind of a restriction on it, I doubt it would be popular at all anymore.