PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-29, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
And what happens if only 3 of the continents are actually really used? Essamir is known to be one of the avoided ones after all. Admittedly more active now with GU13 but only time will tell if it keeps it that way.

Anyway, my solution for zergs is in the idea thread here. To cut a long post short, my way of countering zergs (and therefor the lattice making zerg forming an easy process) is to have XP tied to the number of troops on both sides. In other words, if two sides have a lot of troops, both sides should get a lot of XP. But if one side only has a few, both sides get little XP. Less farming and therefor more people actually fighting and therefor looking for big fights to get XP. And it would also fix lattice making zerg forming an easy process (or rather making it a pointless process of pure farming and instead have them engage in large fights).

Ok, so not as short as I thought. But my point still stands.
If it's really XP you're after - I often seek out fights where my team is badly outnumbered.

1) More targets
2) More noob targets that have acquired 'high threat' status.
3) XP bonus for being the weak side.

One of my favorite techniques is to go to any tower that is being overrun - grab a ScatMAX and start dropping from the top level down on the heads of the zergers... killing 3 or 4... running back in the doors, repairing... repeating... If my MAX gets killed, similar carnage can be pulled off with a variety of infantry.

I'll often get 5k+ XP in the time before it flips - while I pity the attackers sitting around hoping just to share a kill with 100 others and earn their 1k for the win.