PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Diversity on the battlefield + class system
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Diversity on the battlefield + class system

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I see no trouble with this. The major change is simply that you can reasonably expect people to have access to whatever equipment is most suitable for the battle they're taking part in. Unless there's an imbalance in the equipment itself that's fine.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I don't think we'll ever see situations where a fully trained Class X will be better than Class Y at class Y's primary role, whatever that might be. However, Class X might be able to get better at doing Y's job, it's just that it'll never be as good at it as class Y is out of the gate... IN GENERAL.

For Example. Heavy Assault will (I hope) never be as good as an untrained AV at AV. Heavy Assault can certainly train/pick gear to make themselves better against vehicles than their default, but a dedicated AV class will always overshadow them at it.

BUT an infiltrator might be a better AV than an AV trooper if it can walk up to an enemy tank and slap a bag of Kaboom on the side.

And some things simply won't apply. I don't think anyone's going to horn in on engineers or medics, for example. At All.