PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Any plans on making base capture have more options?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Duddy
First Sergeant

Re: Any plans on making base capture have more options?

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Those elements of base capture created some really exciting moments that many remember to this day.

PS: Also, where are the doors?
Doors: It seems there aren't (m)any save for the forcefields on spawn rooms that prevent entry.

As for your other points, as I discussed in that other thread, whilst they created some great moments they equally created just as many bad ones.

Generators, I feel, were ultimately more detrimental to the game than beneficial. Whilst the option was certainly effective, it was too effective far too often. More importantly it was the fact that it often detracted from active gameplay that.

Whilst I am disappointed to see the NTU system not make a return I can understand why. Most players saw it as more of a hassle, again something that took them out of core gameplay, rather than something fun. Not to say that it didn't have its moments.

I could go on, but my message is that I think that the removal of some of these features focuses people back on the core aspect of the game.

With that out of the way, I am concerned that we have only seen the capture system presented to us at Zhuravan(?) AMP station. They seem to have implied that there are more and differentiated systems but we have yet to see that.

I certainly hope that hacking/disruption is actually included and has substantial features to it. Again concerned we haven't seen much of it yet.

TL;DR

Most things that are gone seem to be for good reason, we haven't been shown enough diversity so far however.