PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC already have the buff
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
jollytraveller
Private

Re: NC already have the buff

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I liked how the VS played, and the empires were rarely so imbalanced that it was a big problem, but due to the nature of base fights it was very common for the Jackhammer to dominate base fights, and the Vanguards high splash damage was clearly the best MBT for spamming tower doors. Right there you have the other two empires at somewhat of a disadvantage in relationship to attacking and defending the only two capture point types in the entire game.
The Prowler is a far, far better door camper than the Vanguard. Both tanks can 1-shot kill yet the Prowler has twice the rate of fire. Granted the Vanguard is also good at camping doors but to say it's the best is farcical.

Secondly, whilst I have no particular issue with the JH I never really understand these comments about it dominating in base fights. Yes, it does dominate at point blank range, but in order to close to that range you have to nearly always pass though the sweet spot for your opponents HA, and if you don't then the NME is woefully mis-placed in the base. Trying to run down a corridor in a base with your JH against corner camping Lashers and MCG's is NOT easy, or advisable.

What people really mean is that the JH is extremely good during a base defense and frankly that could be said about any of the HA's. Any remotely decent HA player knows how to defend each base and each corner to the best of their HA's ability.

Trying to assault a base with a JH can be horrible. When I play my TR and VS, the most fun to be had is defending a base against the NC. You can massacre them if you know what you are doing. Until they get the Scat MAX's that is..........