PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Santorum Drops Out
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Santorum Drops Out

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
We're never going to see common ground here. You trust and believe in the government to do the right thing and I believe the opposite. I have my faith in freedom and the free market.
You know, you and other reps keep bringing this up, free market is not at all an issue here that's under threat in any way, shape or form with a more social government. I keep wondering what kind of insane by-product of Republican propaganda came up with that idea.

Plus, I don't really see where you get that corporations are more reliable than an elected government.

Would you rather see corporate police and army than national police and military?

PS: I hope you did not ignore that the 15% effective tax was brought up by a US billionaire who knows more about taxes for higher wages and money making than you do. Here is another quote for you from the same article:

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent.

If you make money with money, as some of my super-rich friends do, your percentage may be a bit lower than mine. But if you earn money from a job, your percentage will surely exceed mine — most likely by a lot.

To understand why, you need to examine the sources of government revenue. Last year about 80 percent of these revenues came from personal income taxes and payroll taxes. The mega-rich pay income taxes at a rate of 15 percent on most of their earnings but pay practically nothing in payroll taxes. It’s a different story for the middle class: typically, they fall into the 15 percent and 25 percent income tax brackets, and then are hit with heavy payroll taxes to boot.
Fair tax much?

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-12 at 04:15 AM.