PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheDrone
Sergeant

Re: I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Consequentialism fails due to double effect, and that of the removal of emotion and bias in order to make judgements. It forgets that we're humans, and seeks to make us not so.

Seen Equilibrium? Consequentialism society.

As for my bleak view, no, not necessarily. Standard of living is probably relatively good, that however does not make it right. Standard of living in Roman Europe was great compared to what it was like prior to assimilation, that however doesn't make the forced imposition of law and rule right.

I don't suggest that rule under TR is uncomfortable, I suggest that it is wrong, and that is why the NC fight them.
Well, of course emotion and bias are removed from the decision making. But that does not, in any way, shape or form, mean that emotion and bias suddenly become enemies of the state.

If the goal is the preservation of the state (assuming that this is the goal for a second) it is completely irrational to go against things like individuality, culture and emotion as removing them serves no purpose and is only a massive waste of resources. Not only that, it's a potential loss of legitimacy.
It's baseless to assume that a consequentionalist government seeks to make everyone consequentionalists. Especially not in a democracy, which the TR still is.

Also, the end DOES justify the means, if the end is moral and properly defined. This realization is probably the reason the TR managed to save humanity from destruction.

BTW, the NC fight them because they literally are corporate lapdogs. "Freedom" is just a causa belli.