PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-29, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: I made a thing (Terran Propaganda Piece)

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Woah hold on a second, this misses the point and oversimplifies the situation.. The Terran Republic FORCE everyone to be part of the Terran Republic, nobody is allowed to create anything else even if they were to do so peacefully. While they may remain an internally utopian democratic regime their attitude towards and other kind of regime even being allowed to exist is very clearly that of oppressiveness.
The Terran Republic is the reason humanity is even alive at this point. I don't think it's so much about force than it is reason and gratitude - loyalty to that which saved them.

Everyone is allowed to exist but only as long as they conform to the laws and rules of the Terran Republic, everywhere. If anyone does not, they must be destroyed.
To put it into context - the Terran Republic saved humanity from war and united them. Breaking away into another human faction is a threat to all they have built and would be a huge leap backwards for mankind.

The Terran Republic is best compared to the Roman Empire, ignoring the supreme emperor part to make them fit though.
More like the Roman Republic

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't suggesting the NC were good guys, just that the TR certainly aren't either.

They're all severely flawed.
Cut out that NC propaganda crap. TR are the epitome of human civilization and the reason for its continued existence.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-03-29 at 12:33 PM.