PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Re: Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days

I've done the same thing as you OP, playing the game. However, I disagree with you so much on this -

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
1) Fuck BFR's. Fuck them in the ear. I'd forgotten how badly I hate them. They have mobility, overwhelming firepower, and are impossibly freaking hard to kill. Ditto on the Galaxy gunship. Nothing that just sits there and farms you while you repeatedly throw everything you have at it should be in a first person shooter. They're game breakers.
Yea, if you're a tank. Or an idiot. In the week I've been back I've already soloed two of them.

I've said this many times before, and too few people seem to listen. INFANTRY WEAPONS.

Infantry rifles/Sniper rifles go through the shield, and do damage to the various subsystems.. Hit the shield gen on the back, and suddenly that shield is down.

Get a mossie, jammer grenades, and Decimator. Drop on top of one, on the way down throw a jammer grenade, then get under the shield and pop it with Decimators. You'll either cripple it, or kill it.

Hell, I find them easier to deal with than a tank.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-06-29 at 03:13 AM.