PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adding "carrots" to PS:N
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MgFalcon
Captain

Re: Adding "carrots" to PS:N

I like this idea a lot... I'm only assuming I can have a Vanu skull pained on my Rexo helmet?

Although I love the idea of personalization (this next part is deff not for kill whore/solo bots), I would find it to be a great element to implement into Outfit ranks. Lets say the OL decides what he wants his Colonels to be flashier than his Lieutenants and gives them a sick helmet/shoulder pad design and makes it uniform code per rank. This, I believe, would provide a nice incentive for outfit progression, as grunts would have regular gear and want to gain respect/cool armor. Also, certain opportunities an OL could reward attendees for specific events such as an Outfit theme night, or a huge battle that was turned because of the Outfit's involvement.

Granted this is taking away individuality in the common member... but this is war soldier, and joining a good Outfit means you will follow orders or be kicked from the organization. Plus this idea would be an option for OL's, if they want to be an outfit of mercenary-esk members floating around with un-uniform design... totally fine!