PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - TKers, griefers, and other trolls
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordelicius
Major

Re: TKers, griefers, and other trolls

Originally Posted by Jokurr View Post
Hello.

Lately I've been thinking about how easy TKers and griefers might have it in this game and for me it has become a bit of a concern, especially after watching Hamma's live stream from a couple of nights ago. The F2P structure of this game worries me in particular. In PS1, you had to pay lots of money to play the game, and if you decided to do nothing but grief, your account would be banned/suspended. If you wanted to get around that, you had to pay a lot money to create a new account, whcih works as a good deterrent as most griefers aren't willing to pay money just to get their kicks.

With this game, it seems like the penalty would be less severe. Even if your account is banned or suspended, what's to stop you from simply creating a new account and being in game again a short while later? Griefers can be surprisingly persistent, if you think most of think that most won't be bothered to keep creating new accounts... think again. The only way around this that I can see is using IP bans rather than account bans. Does anyone know if SOE plans to use a system like this, or have some other system that will really deter people from griefing?
I called this weeks ago. This is standard fare in RvR mmos so noone should be surprised. This is their second biggest threat to the game next to Hacking.

The effect of this griefing will even be magnified compared to some standard RvR game since it's friendly-fire enabled. Normally, player flag-up to enable same faction pk, so there is usually a warning flag you can get attacked.