PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A few tank busting questions
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Matamoros
Private

Re: A few tank busting questions

Another option would be to roll Light Assault, they can also carry up to two C4 and have jump packs which makes it somewhat easier to C4 tanks or other vehicles. If you like having different weapons/tools and enjoy supporting other players, i'd go engi, but if you want to have more survivability, heavy would be better. I'd reccommend Heavy since you're new, basically what Capitan said above would be good set up for what you are trying to accomplish. Regarding the heavy assault's missle launcher, any of them are deadly against armor at close range since it's hard to miss, and rear/side shots do 2x and 1.5x dmg respectively. The NC faction specific one is unique and works great at all ranges. The decimator's round travels relatively slowly, but is affected by gravity much less than the other dumb-fires so has less drop. With that said, it's not completely useless at range, especially if the target is stationary. I found that once I got used to the drop of the decimator round, it was easy to hit targets at long range that weren't moving, even infantry. Much easier than the default launchers even though they have a higher round velocity. Make sure to try them out in the VR before getting one, and go with whatever you enjoy most. Personally, I don't have much fun with anything guided or locked-on, much more satisfying to land a dumb-fire round.