PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
No doubt that a locked-down Burster is a sitting duck (which is why you don't lock down until you actually want to fire). But a Burster on lockdown or overdrive runs a pretty tight DPS race against a Reaver if both open up simultaneously. A Sparrow is just so far behind it's never even a contest, especially after the completely unnecessary 20% Reaver armor buff. If the Reaver gets the drop on them, both are dead meat. Only the Starfire gets to LOLjumpjet.
Burster 1v1 on a reaver isn't even close anymore since the 20% armor buff, add cyssor bennie and amp station shields and you are lucky to get the reaver to half health before you die.

I find a bit interesting how the population numbers have drastically changed the balance of AA maxes. With battles back for the past two years that were fairly small and only a bit of armor running around the bases and a lot of stuff in the air the Burster was just no fun to play at all. Peenixes would snipe you anywhere in the CY and the moment you looked up to shoot at a max altitude lib you got a whole barrage of reaver rockets up the ass. During this time the Sparrow moving around could end up killing any plane that flew into the CY without their AB at full.

Now with the pops up, the distance from the CY infantry and aircav can be has moved out. What this has done is allowed the burster to be a bit safer and able to concentrate on aircraft more and mow down anyone that was used to flying in and strafing basewalls and flying ABing away again. The sparrow due to the lock on time is back to the role of scaring air away rather than killing it.

Skillfire seems pretty unchanged.

When it comes to ES MBTs Buggies and Deli-varients I guess hard numbers and what not comes down to (for me) what I would rather play in. Based on that as a gunner it is Mag>Vannie>Prowler for Deli Varients Thundy=Raider (if it is a squad filled raider on voice comms NOT randoms) >>>> Aurora. For buggies? Save for the time it takes me to get used to the timing and travel time for the Enforcer rockets I like them all pretty evenly. The extra person in the marauder seems like less of an issue than it is in the raider just because of the way they are used and pulled.