PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Newswire] PlanetSide 2 in the works?
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: [Newswire] PlanetSide 2 in the works?

Of course you know my boys in Black Widow Company are watching with interest, why wouldn't we be back on the prowl?

What gets me is, first of all... you don't NEED a fucking Planetside 2. What you need is marketing and PR for Planetside. There's nothing WRONG with the game (even including BFRs now that they're gimped all to hell). It'd be like making an EVE 2. I work in the gaming industry - why would you make a 2nd game for one that isn't broke in the first place?

Second of all... is Planetside 2 going to have the same marketing/PR team for the first one? As in, not a thing? I went to SOE Fan Faire 2006 and I met the marketing guy and when I said "This game needs marketing" he said "I've done more for Planetside in the last 6mos than anyone's ever done."

My reply was, because I had a few beers, "Well then you must have mentioned it in a blog because you still haven't done shit with the game."

This game will always be my most favorite game. It will always hold a place in my heart. But seriously - SOE didn't market the game worth a shit. I talk to hardcore FPS gamers and about 7 of 10 times I hear "Planetside? WTF is that?"