PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Newswire] PlanetSide 2 in the works?
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zeta
Private

Re: [Newswire] PlanetSide 2 in the works?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
What gets me is, first of all... you don't NEED a fucking Planetside 2. What you need is marketing and PR for Planetside. There's nothing WRONG with the game (even including BFRs now that they're gimped all to hell). It'd be like making an EVE 2. I work in the gaming industry - why would you make a 2nd game for one that isn't broke in the first place?
I strongly dissagree with this.

sure planetside is fine for you and I, and anyone else who stuck around with it, but this game has been unable to KEEP a vast majority of players. It needs fixing. I've seen tons of people play this game. Tons in the early days, tons in recent times, and tons on free trials. The players are there and know about it, they're just not staying.

I talk to hardcore gamers as well, and sure planetside always comes up, but few of them are actively playing it. Everyone I've talked to says it's too slow. Waiting for hacks, unable to spawn at adjacent bases, waiting for the HART, drawing your weapons and pulling vehicles at a snails pace compared to other games, infantry not dieing precipitously.

I'm not saying we should all be playing a blistering UT2K4/Quake deathmatch, but it's not holding the interest/attention of the vast majority of gamers playing Battlefield, Call of Duty, Quake Wars, Tribes, Day of Defeat