PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Goal: Creatiing and Sustaining Epic Battles
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Traak
Colonel

Re: Goal: Creatiing and Sustaining Epic Battles

Having played on suckodelic computers the entire time on Planetside, I can say that being able to upgrade the base and do more support work is a very welcome idea. Suddenly all the high scorers=cheaters/exploiters weren't so high and mighty in the face of Shadow turrets and my favorite, the AA turret upgrade to base walls and towers. Made the game more inclusive when you didn't have to have a very very fast computer and low ping times along with all the cheats and exploits the high scorers use.

Playing the game "clean" as in no cheats, no exploits, no hacks, nothing, for all these years, it got very wearying being owned by cheaters in the later stages, or by people utilizing the idiot unrealistic physics in the early stages. Having upgradeable stuff and lots of CE makes it so all your cheats and exploits don't really affect me. Go ahead, prance back and forth in front of my Shadow turret. See if that makes it miss. Even that 10,000hp armor you have on your Reaver disappears pretty fast in the face of the wall AA turret, doesn't it?

Upgradeable bases and advanced CE makes the game more fun for those who have not been near fast internet or had lousy computers while limiting the power of the cheaters.

Adding Server Side Hit Detection would greatly simplify putting anti-cheat technology in.

Having the game able to go over your game files and memory registers on the fly while you play would be a huge bonus, too. Or making the stuff so that it was all compiled and un-findable.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-01-28 at 04:49 PM.