PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Members E-Mail reveals the Valkyrie and Other Updates
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-22, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Members E-Mail reveals the Valkyrie and Other Updates

The Valkyrie sounds like Harassers Part 2: Air edition

They've already seen how devastating an overpowererd ground vehicle is. Funny thing is we've been telling them to nerf the harassers after testing it on the PTS (check our old posts on pre-release harassers and even the ZOE).

So, the speed and maneuverability of ESFs and the firepower and passenger capacity of a Liberators?

This vehicles has to have specific weaknesses/downsides. The rumble seat alone will cannibalize ESFs given that small arms can hurt it lol.

- And what about snipers? They are OP as it is atm, now they can hoversnipe too?
- Maxes? NC maxes are short ranged while VS are ridiculously long ranged. Allow maxes and provide range parity?
- Dual passenger Heavy Assault lock-on Rocket Launchers hover stacking on vehicles? I don't know about lock-ons but I always carry 8 rockets on my dumbfire. I'm sure players will take that extra-rockets suit loadout and use it with conjunction with the Valkyrie. Calling it now.

They have to formulate its weaknesses now before they even start thinking of releasing it.

Suggestions:
- It cannot be maneuverable. but only slighly faster than a Liberator.
- the armor has to be the weakest for any aircraft (otherwise it's just an ESF upgrade with passengers - yeah right).
- Engineer mid-air will be OP so that needs to be nerfed hard (assuming they allow that).
- It shouldn't be allowed powerful AV weapons. Or else it will be used as a dump/stack DPS-on-tanks/sundy aircraft that can easily escape. Right? Dive with 2 rumble seats + gunner focus fire on tank then escape. Just what harassers used to do.
- Consider a low flight ceiling weakness, so it has to be always on the move laterally and not just hoover up and down. Also to allow other aircrafts to have a height advantage over it.