PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How about orbital fights?
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-17, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I've always thought it whould be intresting to give Gals a suborbital ability for insertion and extration into hostile territory, and while i was thinking on that I came up with an idea very parralel to yours. What if the stations could only be reaches by loadstar and gal, most of the stations whould be indoor yes, however they could be like a dish shaped platform, the outer ring is the habitat ring a couple claimable respawn points and some inventory terms maybe a ground vehicle rearm pad. (Incidentaly you could not get into the inner dish via air only by docking your craft and then boarding through airlocks, whould great some neat chokehold fights.) So maybe a dome shape is more appropriate. Additionaly the interior of the dome between the habitat ring and the controll core whould be lethal to those not in agile or greater (slowly though) so that placing an ams in the open field whould be feasable but somewhat damaging to newly spawning troops (maybe as a counter ams bubbles could act as atmosphere.) The Controll core is a base with a 10 min controll timer and a few of the usual base amenieies as well as advanced radar for the base itself only. Also it whould be the only point on the station with its own vehicle pad, which only produces non techplant items (making heavy armor a treasured resource that must be imported from the surface) The inner no mans land should have reduced gravity allowing for higher and farther jumping and maybe a few other wierd effects (not to give the vanu something to look foreward to their max's jump jets could become directional allowing limited flight)

Theres my purge what's everyone think.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.