PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Question on FOV
Thread: Question on FOV
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-08, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
NoYes
Private

Changing your fov is a matter of prefrence. I think those of you complaing that it gives people an advantage don't understand it very well. Zooming-in is chaning the FOV, that is all that it is. The zoom fov in Q3(if i remember right) is like 22.5 deg playing with a higher fov is playing "unzoomed" guys will get smaller faster as the distance increases and are smaller in general. Lower FOV= bigger slower moving targets, but see less. Higher FOV= smaller faster moving targetsm but can see more. There are pros and cons to each.

Hell, how about I argue that playing with a low FOV is unfair because you can shoot me easier at distance! Damn, low FOV haxor biatches!

I am not saying let us have any fov we like, just give us an option to set our fov between like 80-115 or so. I rly hate playing with sub 90 fov and like I said before from the screen shot it looks like it is only 75, which I think would be painfully low for every experiacned fps player :/.

You complain that playing with a high FOV is not fun; my complaint is playing with a low FOV is not fun. Thier are advantages and disadvantages for any FOV, let people play in the enviroment they are comfortable with.