PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So every HA can be an aircraft counter?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
LegioX
First Sergeant

Re: So every HA can be an aircraft counter?

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Yeah, I've played. Me and a bunch of friends always find us a hill somewhere along the edge of the map and camp out with spawn beacons and Javelins to pick off helicopters and jets. It's hilarious.

But back on topic though, those pilots who enjoy flying aren't just cruising gently along in the sky, they are raining fiery balls of death and destruction down on all the people who enjoy playing infantry. So to me, theyre fair game, as they should be in Planetside 2 as well.
Isnt that what certs are for then? Pilots who cert their planes to be air-to-ground aircraft will get owned by pilots who cert their planes to be air-to-air aircraft. I don't see the problem.

Just like in real war, ground guys will be getting pounded by air-to-ground aircraft over a certain point of attack or defense. They call for help, then a group of cert out air-to-air planes show up and clear the skies. That right there is teamwork. Ground units should only have Max's to fight off enemy air. If you don't have that, call in airsupport. Simple.