PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-28, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
I would be up for adding counters to squad deploy beacon drops. Something that could deny the ability for drop pods to drop right ontop of over within a certain radius of important objectives.

An engineer placed counter that could prevent drop pods from landing within their radius, a generator powered counter that protects a base from drop pods falling right ontop.

I would like to see active counters, not just passive things. If the squad beacon isn't going to go away (and there are enough arguments to keep it in the game despite me not liking the mechanic) at least give us the counters. I would love to see people have to fight for their ability to use a squad beacon by having to take down a certain generator or actively hunt out deployed counters. It could add a lot to the support element of this game thus making the metagame a much more rich experience.

I know that's a lot of work for the devs, but it could go a long way to addressing a few issues with this game.
I like drop pods myself. I do think they can be abused. Why not just have a life span for the spawn beacon that runs out well before another one can be deployed? Say, it only works for a few minutes instead of 30, then you must wait a long time place it again (so instead of 5 minutes its like 15-30). So you can take it out or just wait until it goes out if its in an impossible to counter position (which IMO, is very rare). Especially if a sphere of influence is in the game I think you need insertion of some sort.

Another option is to make them use a full 750 resources (you must be maxed out) wanna use C4? not if you wanna lay down that spawn beacon. I think a lot of people will think twice about using them. Make them use up all of your resources if you want to use it.

I just think we can find a solution that works rather than scrapping everything and turning it into PS1.

Last edited by Rahabib; 2013-06-28 at 11:58 AM.