PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-29, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
Well I'm only asking because the Squad Deploy without a beacon could just act like an instant action to get you in the same hex following the same rules as the instant action.

I don't like the Squad Deploy function right now. That's part of the issue. It could have the same rules as instant action. The only way you can get your squad mates right on you is if you place the beacon. That would be an improvement.
Exactly. You squad deploy on the leader, the game looks which base the leader is at, and then goes through the instant action sequence for that base.

I agree with these statements, spawn beacons and squad deploy allow attackers more access to the base than defenders in the current implementation.

As for squad beacons... they're hard to see since they don't always render. A lot of people also ignore them, which is straight up dumb but not the game designers' fault. I think a beacon should be the only way to drop on a specific point on the map, and that the beacon should be a lot more visible than it is now. I'd say easily always visible at several hundred meters.