PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Beginning of the End of the Republican Party?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: The Beginning of the End of the Republican Party?

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
It is tragic how peopled died for rights that are being taken away.
You mean tragic that people were filled with so much fear they couldn't make rational decisions? You can't appeal to emotions or some McCarthyism level fear tactics. "You can't do that because it's communist" doesn't hold water nowadays and most rational people see right through that.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I still don't quite see why requiring ID is wrong. Money isn't the problem, time isn't the problem. So what is the problem?
Actually a national ID for voting is perfectly fine. The issue you'll find is when states try to do it and purposely implement catch 22 rules. Read this or any of the other cases recently regarding it.

I personally have been for a national ID system at the federal level for a long time. Currently we use a SSN which has been abused drastically for things it shouldn't be used for. The idea that you have to hide a number for security reasons in the modern age is preposterous. Implementing a real national ID though would cost a lot of money, but would be invaluable. Kind of wish I could be part of the group that designs it.