PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Rethinking the Drivers and Planetside Vehicles as a whole
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-21, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
NCLynx
Major

Re: Rethinking the Drivers and Planetside Vehicles as a whole

Talked about this in IRC earlier.

I dunno to me it still sounds like if someone were to ask for the Nano-Dispenser and the Medical applicator to do damage to enemies.

There ARE vehicles that allow the driver to have a gun, for the bigger harder hitting ones the driver drives and the gunner guns. He doesn't have to have a gunner if he doesn't want to, I've got my Run-People-Over Merit to prove that.

The aspects of the game that require more teamwork than simply doing grunt work are there for a reason. Planetside (IMO) was practically made around the concept of teamwork.

Saying said vehicles will be easier to take down etc won't mean much because it's still a VEHICLE and will still require a decent amount of effort to take down. I also still say that if the driver had access to the main gun that pulling 2 of said vehicle would be better than one with a gunner. Sure it opens those vehicles up to more weakness but I would think that the sheer number of people who would either A. not want to gun because they want to main weapon or B. simply drive off without a gunner because it's easier would still outweigh those weaknesses.