PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Rethinking the Drivers and Planetside Vehicles as a whole
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-21, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Rethinking the Drivers and Planetside Vehicles as a whole

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Each vehicle should be fitted with one role, and one role only. AV, AI, or AA. If a Vanguard driver has an AA turret as powerful as the main cannon, why would we need Skyguards? This logic applies to every vehicle in PlanetSide. This is a team-based game, and should not encourage pulling team vehicles to solo with. If you can't find a gunner, join an outfit.
I think it's perfectly fine for vehicles with more than one person to become more versatile. Having someone pull solo vehicles specialized in one area is also valid tactic. It's no different than pulling an AA max instead of taking a skyguard. (Look at the prowler. It had an AI gun on the top along with it's main gun. Dual roles right there with extra people).

Also regarding the whole why would be need skyguards I honestly don't feel we need them in their current form. It should be a customization choice on a vehicle to offer those features to extra gunners. Having a vehicle solely designed to do AA is kind of pointless. It's basically the same as certing an TR Burster max.

The idea would be if you can't find a gunner then your vehicle would be gimped. It wouldn't be impossible to use. That is spending certifications to upgrade it or spending resources in the game on it will be more rewarding.