PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Final Pre-Launch Love!
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Final Pre-Launch Love!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you to the Planetside 2 team for pouring yourselves into the game we have all hoped for and dreamed of, to Hamma and the rest of the PSU staff for creating the space for everyone to come together and be excited and argue, and to all of the other fans out there whether veteran or new for helping to create the community we have right now. I am proud to have helped build the foundation for the thousands, if not millions, of new Planetside 2 players to come, frag, talk, and have fun.

I cannot really express the range of emotions I have felt throughout the journey we have all been on together, from fishing for news articles on Google and giggling with excitement when I found one and got to be the first to post it here to hardcore raging when there were people that were playing the Technical test and the Beta before I was allowed in. I've been following every step of the way and putting the word out to as many people I know and many that I don't to the point where my coworkers are sick of hearing about it. I postponed my debt repayment plan so that I could build a new gaming rig that could handle a good sized battle while the game was still early on in optimization. I was depressed to learn that I would be working the night that the Beta ended and could not bear witness to the finale. I am nervous-excited for the future of this game as I have been on this ride for a long time and have seen the occasional negative omen here and there but they have all quickly been overwhelmed by the two-way communication and effective listening by the developers and SOE overall. I can tell that they truly believe in this game and love their hardcore fans and are willing to co-create the best fucking shooter EVER.

Much love from a die-hard fan.