PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Desktop build for gaming £500 budget (UK)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MightyJellyFish
Private

Smile Desktop build for gaming £500 budget (UK)

Hello again. I posted 3 months ago but I wasn't buying then. I am now buying parts this week.

Q1. Are you building this computer yourself or having one built for you (Like HP, Alienware, or even a small shop)?

A1. I'm Getting it build in a small shop called RapidPCs (so I'm probably buying parts from them if not probably Amazon.co.uk)

Q2. What is your budget and does that include shipping/taxes?

A2. Less than £500 including tax and shipping.

Q3. Where do you live (Please list town, state, and country)?

A3. Wareham, Dorset, England

Q4. What do you need this computer to do (like gaming, Photoshop, and so on)?

A4. Mostly gaming but also designer programs like Sculptris making 3D models etc.

Q5. What parts will you need for the computer? List what parts specifically, saying you need everything will not do.

A5. CPU, MotherBoard, 8G RAM, GPU, Hard drive, (maybe SSD), Case, DVD and CD drive, PSU and Monitor. All that good stuff.

Q6. Are you reusing any parts for this computer? If so say what parts (make and model).

A6. Not reusing any parts this time.

Q7. What kind of monitor/resolution do you have or want to get to use for the computer?

A7. 1280 x 1024 or above, not too fussed really.

Q8. Do you have already have a OS or do you need one? What OS is that?

A8. I've got windows 7 64 bit

Q9. What are you looking for the motherboard to have feature wise? Like SLI, Crossfire, Firewire, USB 3.0, Sata 6.0 Gb/s, and so on.

A9. Don't know much about Motherboards so sorry if I just say a load of garbage. I'm not a fan of duel graphics stuff like Crossfire and SLI they only seem to work for certain games. I would like USB 3.0. I would like PCI-e X16 and I don't really know anything else.

Q10. Any plans to overclock the CPU or GPU?

A10. Nope

Q11. What time kind of time frame are you planning on ordering these parts?

A11. This week probably

CPU wise I was thinking AMD phenom II X4 965 Black Edition it's old but it seems good for £80 so recommendations for something better for similar price would be good or maybe Intel Core i3 3220. GPU wise I was looking at something round AMD Radeon HD 7850 again some equivalent suggestions would be cool.

Nothing is set in stone so any suggestions or builds are appreciated thanks.

Last edited by MightyJellyFish; 2012-12-15 at 04:54 PM.