PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PlanetSide as a Leadership Skill
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SgtMAD
Captain

Re: PlanetSide as a Leadership Skill

I find this humorous,I started playing PS at the beginning(open beta) and managed to hijack every outfit that I joined,I have over 35 years in construction and I was the foreman or the lead man for most of that time due to the fact that I can think on my feet and didn't forget what I was being taught by the older guys I worked with.

dealing with ppl that you have no real physical contact or the ability to fire them is complex to say the least,you have to find like minded ppl that will "buy" into the fantasy of all of you being in combat together.

I do know that ppl do learn skills that are useful in the real world,I have a few guys that started playing with Ht when they were in high school and I rode them all the time about doing their goddamn homework and other crap their parents were on them about and had great results,every one of them either went on to college or have good jobs.

you can teach leadership skills to just about anyone,what really matters is if they have the balls to apply what they have learned.