PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE solution for Darklight.
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-25, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrPaul
Well, I've been playin cloaker almost constantly since I took it up. Youre right, it isn't as easy as I first though, but it's easier than some of you make it seem. I managed to sneak into a zerged base and resecure the CC, then boomer two MAXes before being killed (I say 2 MAXes & a resecure is more than one lifes worth for a cloaker). Then I just took the fight to them, going to NME spawns & towers and just blowing the hell out of them before they could initialise DL. That's the thing, Cloaking is available as soon as you get into the suit, DL takes 2 minutes or so to become available, so any covert ops deep into enemy territory are much easier than covert ops on a battle line. So I intend to stick to my Deep Strike tactics.

PS. Magscatter's pwn. Repeater suxxors. Beamer.. heh.
Glad to see you've stuck with it. Dark Light isn't 2 minutes by the way, I think it's 1. It's the quickest implant to initialize that I know of. Those base resecures are great, but are blind luck a lot of the time. You can spend a lot of careful time getting to a CC only to find out that they actually left behind a number of people and you just wasted 10 minutes being really sneaky to get blown up in a hurry. My favorite ever was resecuring the same base twice. They finally coordinated a base sweep and left 5 people in the CC to make sure I didn't do it again. I was happy in the knowledge that I cost all of them a boatload of xp.
I still say the best use of pistols is using them against the corresponding empire. When fighting TR, loot a Repeater. When fighting VS, loot a Beamer. Both are actually very nice pistols, you use them to plunk people from beyond Dark Light range. I killed a VS MAX with a Beamer the other night but was somehow able to keep myself from sending him a taunt tell.
I'm curious to see how your opinion changes with even more experience.