PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Settings/Questions for Saitek X52 Pro
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MalakithSkadi
Private

Re: Settings/Questions for Saitek X52 Pro

Yep had to update the drivers mine were a few months older.

Still not really happy with their implementation though, problems I am encountering are:

1. Even with the Deadzone slider as low as possible there is a noticeable deadzone (not the X52s settings, checked those).

2. It seems to "accelerate" part way through the axis, once you go past about half way the movement gained is significantly higher for the input given.

3. Rudder axis never achieves "maximum speed", I had to set them up as a Band axis then bind in A and D to get anything like decent speed out of the rudder.

4. Throttle, similar problem to you. Its temperamental as to whether it decides Full back is hover or not. I found pushing it forward and then back again usually kicks it in but its not ideal.

It is number 2 that is really the deal breaker in dogfights though, you move that fraction that should make you pull only slightly further back, it kicks into its "acceleration zone" and wham massive overshoot on the target.

Thanks for the help in getting me this far though, at least I can justify jumping in the Fighter now instead of just sticking to Galaxy and Liberators.

On the note of some of your issues. I bound the Hat on the Throttle Up and Down to be Ascend and Descend directly in game (no programmer settings), it seems to respond fine every time so can't help there.

With regard to Binding the 2 stage trigger. Hold the trigger at Stage 1, click the thing in the menu you want to bind. It wont detect you holding an existing button, then click it into Stage 2. It should pick up the transition and bind it. I just set both of mine to Primary Fire.

Last edited by MalakithSkadi; 2012-11-28 at 04:13 AM.