PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Part of the reason to play PS1 was push the other factions back to there Sanctuaries and lock them down. Actually locking a Faction down at the home planet Sanctuary was something you had to work for and during its prime, PS1 didn't have the problem of populations fluxing during the hours of day.

3 safe harbors for each faction on each continent gives each faction three separate fronts to start from. To me personally that pretty much takes the point out of capping a continent other then the resources and xp gained while doing it. Do you really want PS2 to be about resource swapping and unlocks, or do you want it to be about crushing your enemy factions back to a single start point.

I can live with the fact that the home planet concept of PS1 isn't going to transfer to PS2. I understand that Higgles and krew are looking for a faster game pace then PS1. Having 3 Sanctuaries per Continent supports that play style from what game play we have seen. I think with being able to spawn in on people the ability to be mobile in a organized squad is actually much higher then it was in PS1. I think that giving each faction 3 Sanctuaries on top of the higher mobility diminishes the end goals of capping a Continent. On top of that like others have said, that is 6 less hex areas to capture per Continent if 3 Sanctuaries are used instead of 1 Sanctuary per Continent.

This is also what a live robust Beta Cycle is for. Hopefully in the end after the community gets the stick time in and some sound feedback we get an improvement cycle with regards to Sanctuaries.

Last edited by Tasorin; 2012-04-01 at 12:28 PM.