PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I can't remember ever seeing a company provide a specific Beta date (if it happens it must be rare). They do announce they are entering closed Beta (and that's effectively what we are doing today) but NDA's and dates are never made public.

I wish we could provide you more, but that's just not game Betas are done unfortunately.

Nothing at all has changed regarding PlanetSide 1 veterans. Everything you have been told previously is still true.
So who gets into the 'internal tech test'? Just random people based on that PS2 beta survey thats been put up? Shouldn't you ask more specifically what graphics cards people have? I mean 400 series... it tells you very little other than the DX feature it supports. A 250 is still better than a 420 for instance.. ?

Perhaps a specific date wasn't expected. But this says nothing other than the cycles. You could at least be a bit vague about it but clarify how much time you expect there to be between each phase. Like, when do you expect the Tech Test to start (couple or some weeks from now, couple or some months, etc.) and how long after that you expect the external beta to start, if all goes as planned?

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
You heard it here first folks. As official as it will ever get, they are entering closed beta. So starting today, it's possible (although not confirmed) that players may be starting to be trickled in. It's possible it may still not happen for a few weeks, but it may be happening already.

The only date I'm really concerned about right now is when those 30 free days kick in I may have to resubscribe anyways, unless it's going to activate sometime today. Getting itchy to play some more.

Oh okay, awesome. Thanks for the semi-clarification. Sometimes it's enough just to know that you guys aren't entirely sure yet.

Ehh... they started internal closed beta, as they call it (sounds like alpha to me...), which is with their team (and I guess those outfits that got invited). Then there's the tech test, which sounds like it will be with a bunch of randomly invited people based on specs. And then there's closed beta as the rest of the universe knows it, where us vets and those who signed up actually get a chance of being invited...

Last edited by I SandRock; 2012-06-26 at 10:42 AM.