PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MAX Timers
Thread: MAX Timers
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-15, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BadAsh
When dueling on Markov with some of the top players on that server someone thought it would be funny to pit a NC Scatter MAX against infantry in a 1v1 duel. The MAX won every single time. You are superior to infantry in every way with the exception of being unable to med/eng/hack. So inherently a MAX requires support and is not a lone wolf unit by design.

In your example you are taking about 1 MAX vs a TEAM of infantry... IMHO the team should win and when 1v1 the MAX should win and that is exactly the situation as it currently stands. Now, with team numbers being even... say 1 MAX and 1 HA infantry vs 2 deci infantry... my cash is on the MAX/HA team to win over and over and over...
In your story, the only reason the MAX won is because of the shield. And pending on where the fight is taken, the infantry could win against an NC MAX, 1v1. MAXs are not feared as they are supposed to be, either Decis and AV should do less to MAXs, or MAXs armor should be buffed. Everytime I see a MAX, I think to myself "free kill", unless I get rear-ended.