PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Question] On what settings can i play the game?
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-09, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Fenrys
Major

Re: [Question] On what settings can i play the game?

Originally Posted by Baconomnom View Post
do you comment on the original post or my last post? and why do the others say I would do good on high settings whn you reply to the original post?
I was responding to the OP. I think the people saying you can run it on High are not aware that an Nvidia 625 GPU is rather weak. The game needs a good CPU, and the CPU you are looking at is fantastic - fully capable of running it on High if it were paired with a decent GPU.

If you are looking into the AMD 7000 series GPUs, the 7790 is the cheapest I would recommend. A 7770 would be OK, but you'd probably still feel the desire to upgrade in the near future. IMO, the performance gain you'd get from spending the extra $30 on a 7850 (compared to a 7790) is significant in terms of performance per dollar.

Generally speaking, with a few exceptions:

For AMD GPUs, the 1st digit tells you how new the card is. So a 7000 card is newer than a 6000 card.
The 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is designed to be. So a 7800 is faster than a 7700.
The 3rd digit tells you about how well the card did during quality control testing. So a 7770 is the same basic card as a 7790 but the 7770 had some parts that did not pass quality control and those parts were disabled, leading to a slightly slower card.

For Nvidia GPUs, the 1st digit also tells you how new the card is, and the 2nd digit tells you how powerful the card is compared to other cards released at the same time. For example, a 580 is older than a 625, but the 580 is significantly faster than the 625.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-09-09 at 08:55 PM.