PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Marsman
Major

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Will there still be a VR training facility? I really liked weapon testing and still go back to VR training rooms to mess around on occasion. Certainly helped me learn how many shots on average it would take to kill someone and the effect of how far/close the enemy was to you.
Good question - wondered that myself. We do know they are eliminating the sanctuaries so I dunno what they have in mind for any type of training or new player introduction.

One of the things I thought would have been nice for sanc's if they had stayed was to have an area where simple NPC AI's were present to practice combat. Towers were in sanctuary but they had no real purpose. A simple base, or tower stocked with NPC's from the other 2 factions would have allowed troops to try out weapons in a "real" environment. Would have been a nice addition to the VR area to practice tactics like base infiltration/hold or tower drops. One could do this on the existing sanc towers, but without live weapons, or anything to fight against, it didn't really provide much substance. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with as far as new player orientation, but would love to see some sort of limited NPC practice area to give players a real sense of what they'll be up against in the "real" world.