PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Traak
Colonel

Re: Colorblindness: a response to T-Ray's Massively interview

Originally Posted by GTGD View Post
At least you realized your mistake later on and conceded that Planetside players are not a representative population of males.
There was no mistake made. If, for example, seven percent of men are colorblind, then seven percent of (potentially) PS-playing males will likely be colorblind.

So, if 70,000 players would be a potential extra userbase, out of 1,000,000, you dismiss that as being financially insignificant? That is more players than is presently playing PS, isn't it? And PS is still running.

Yes, we do not know if there will be name tags over players. It might be strictly recognizing the players by sight, in which case, players could still have options, on their computer, which do not affect what others see, that could make enemies and friendlies more obviously discernible. However, that would be something that would have to not be open to exploitation to implement.

If we had options to toggle enemies to be darker, and friendlies to be brighter, I don't think that would be a disruption of balance, no matter who used it. I used to recognize TR planes from afar, because they just looked darker than VS or NC planes.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-10-04 at 02:07 AM.